Okay, sarcasm isnâ€™t my strongest point. But Iâ€™d still give this bit of advice: wear a bib whilst eating this, and being careful with it.
Ideal as a Brunch Sandwich, itâ€™s great as a snack at anytime â€“ especially after a late night!
To serve 4
1 Loaf Sour Dough Bread, cut into 8 thick slices
4tbsp Olive Oil
2 Large Red Onions, peeled and sliced
2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
8 Good Quality Sausages
8 Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
3 Big Handfuls of Rocket
1. Drizzle a small amount of Olive over each slice of bread, before placing on a Griddle pan and toasting lightly on both sides
2. Heat a teaspoon of Oil in a pan, then add the Onions and allow them to sweat a little. When they start to wilt slightly, add half the Sugar, a small pinch of Salt, twist of Pepper and half of the Balsamic Vinegar, then cook for three to four more minutes.
3. In a fresh pan, start to cook the Sausages in a frying pan with a tablespoon of the Oil. When coloured on all sides, turn the heat down and cook for a further six to eight minutes
4. In the pan of the Onions, add the Tomato Halves, with a little Water, the rest of the Water, Sugar, Balsamic Vinegar and then season to taste. Leave to reduce a little over a medium heat.
5. To assemble, cut the Sausages in half lengthways. Spoon the Tomato and Onion mixture onto half the slices of Bread, place the Sausages on top, followed by a handful of Rocket, drizzle with a small amount of Oil, then the other slice of Bread, which has been covered in Mustard.
Photo Courtesy of: bird gc