Cooking with Amy has me excited and ready to tackle this Tori no Mizutaki Japanese stew. Skip the delivery pizza this weekend and do it Japanese style with this chicken stew recipe.Â Enjoy.
- 1 pd chicken, cubed
- 1 lb tofu, drained & cubed
- 1 bundle watercress
- 1 Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups shirataki (locate local International food store)
- 2 cups spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dashi powder (locate local International food store)
- 1/2 cup rice
In a large skillet- add a cup of water.Â When it comes to a nice boil, add dashi powder.
Combine the rest of your ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.Â Add extra water if necessary.Â You should come out with a nice chicken stew.Â Enjoy all the flavors melting in your mouth and thank yourself for not going with Papa Johns.