Served with Peas and Leeks, this dish is very healthy, very tasty, and takes just ten minutes to prepare â€“ and is also a great winter warmer. If youâ€™re not a big fan of Turkey, you can always make this dish with Chicken â€“ itâ€™ll require a bit more time in step one, but not massively.
You could even prepare this dish the day before you want it, then heat it up when needed â€“ thatâ€™s how easy and fast it is to make!
To Serve 4
300ml Turkey or Chicken Stock
4 Skinless Turkey Breasts, cut into 2cm strips
1 Large Leek, rinsed and finely chopped
300ml Double Cream
1tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
1tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
225g frozen Peas, cooked
1. Pour the Stock into a large Saucepan, then bring to the boil. Add the Turkey Strips, before turning the heat down and simmer for five minutes.
2. Using a Slotted Spoon, lift the Turkey Strips out of the Stock, and keep warm. Bring the Stock to a rapid boil, until reduced by two thirds.
3. Lightly steam or boil the Leek for two or three minutes, until just tender. Drain well, then keep warm with the Turkey
4. Add the Cream, Mustard and Parsley to the Reduced Stock, stir well, and begin to add the Peas slowly, until everything is cooked through and warm.
5. Season well, stir, before removing from the heat. Add the Turkey and the Leeks to the pan, stir again, and serve in bowls, with pieces of Crusty bread to soak up the Juices.
Photo Courtesy of: Tracy Hunter