Just in timeÂ forÂ your Father’s Day cookout, give your favoriteÂ dad the food he loves instead of the classic tieÂ gift.Â This Weight Watchers Jerk Chicken Thighs with Mango Salsa recipe is a melt-in-your-mouth chickenÂ dish perfect for even the pickiest eaters.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4Â teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2Â teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4Â teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2Â tablespoon fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 pound boneless, about 6 thighs
- 1 large mango, diced
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Go ahead & preheat your grill to medium heat.
In a large bowl- combine cinnamon, allspice, garlic salt, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper & 1 tablespoon of lime juice.Â Mix into a paste.
Brush both sides of chicken with seasoning paste; set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Meanwhile, let’s move on to the Mango Salsa.Â In a medium bowl- combine mango, shallot, jalapeno, cilantro, remaining tablespoon of lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
Place chicken on preheated grill. Grill for 10 minutes; flip and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Cut each chicken thigh in half to serve.