This lovely stew will warm you so well that you’ll just want more and more of it – serve it with some fresh cooked or crusty rolls, this dish is guaranteed to fill your stomach and satisfy your appetite!
To Serve 8
1.8kg Mixed Fish Fillets, skinned
6tbsp Olive Oil
2 Large Onions, peeled and finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed
1 Red Pepper, deseeded and sliced
900g Tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
4 Anchovy Fillets, drained
300ml Dry White Wine
4 Bay Leaves
6tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
20-24 Cooked Peeled Prawns
150g Cooked Mussels, shelled
1. Soak the Saffron Strands in a small amount of boiling water for thirty minutes.
2. Whilst the Strands are soaking, trim and cut the Fish into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat the Olive Oil in a large Saucepan, add the Onions, Garlic and Pepper, and fry gently over a medium heat for five minutes.
4. Add the Tomatoes and Anchovies to the Pan, and stir to break them up. Add the Wine and then three hundred millilitres of Water, and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, add the Bay Leaves and half of the Basil. Simmer the mixture uncovered for twenty minutes.
5. Add the firmer Fish to the pan, and strain the Saffron Water into the mixture. Season to taste, and then cook for ten more minutes, before adding the softer Fish, and cook for five more minutes.
6. Add the Prawns and Mussels to the pan, cover, and cook for three to five minutes, until warm through. Remove the Bay Leaves, and discard.
7. Serve in individual bowls, along with a roll, or some toasted bread.
Photo Courtesy of: Avlxyz