What says Thursday more than Wolfgang Puck, I ask you?Â With this terrific Gouda Cheese Fondue recipe you can indulge your senses in cheese wonderland.Â Give this recipe a try and you won’t regret it.
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 ounces fresh Gouda cheese, or mozzarella, shredded
- 5 ounces aged Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 baguette loaf, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Assorted vegetables and cooked meats and salami, cut into bite-sized piecesÂ
What’s Next:Â Â Â rub the bottom of a medium saucepan with the sliced garlic. Put the pan over high heat and immediately add the wine, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon to dissolve the garlic residue.
In a small bowl- toss together the two cheeses and the cornstarch. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cheese mixture. Stir continuously until the mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in the Kirsch and season with black pepper and nutmeg.
Serve the fondue immediately, accompanied by the bread, vegetables, and meats, with long fondue forks for guests to spear bites of food and dip them into the sauce.