Rich, Buttery and very good for you – Avocados are a great food and can be used in a whole range of meals. This salad is a quick and easy dish, perfectly suited as a starter, or as a light lunch or dinner with some fresh bread or rolls.
For the mixed leaves, aim for a mix of different tastes, textures and colours. Lots of variety in the leaves will make this dish taste different each time, and it’s great for using up what’s left from other salads.
2 sticks Celery
75g Blue Cheese
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
1. Rip the leaves into a large bowl
2. Halve the Avocados, remove the stone, peel and slice thinly, and add into the bowl.
3. Slice the Celery and Cucumber, crumble the Blue Cheese and chop the Walnuts before adding into the bowl. Try to vary the size of each piece to make it more enjoyable
4. In a separate bowl, mix the Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Wholegrain Mustard
5. Toss the leaves, Celery, Cucumber, Cheese and Walnuts with the dressing and serve at room temperature
Photo Courtesy of: pink_fish13