My birthday is coming up in a few days, and one of the things we considered to celebrate (and I always celebrate with my extended family) was throwing a Banana Split Party. Sounds fun, yes? Here’s how to do one of your own:
Planning a Banana Split Party
Your theme is Banana Split. This means that you should stick to colors reminiscent of a banana split when planning your decor and invitations. Bright yellow for bananas, bright red for cherries, chocolate brown, strawberry pink… you get the picture.
Create a Banana Split Station. This should be at the heart of your party. You’ll need:
- Bananas. Lots! Keep them unpeeled so they don’t turn brown and yucky before guests arrive.
- Ice cream. Classic flavors are Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry- but it’s really up to you. Get Banana-flavored ice cream if you really love bananas.
- Syrups. Chocolate syrup, of course! Some Strawberry syrup, Caramel syrup or Butterscotch topping is nice.
- Toppings. The funnest- and prettiest- part of your Station has to be your available toppings. Sprinkles, Mini M&Ms, Skittles, Reese’s Pieces, Chocolate Vermicelli, Cinnamon Sugar… your options here are endless!
- Whipped Cream and Maraschino Cherries are classics, and will make any Banana Split look inviting. Whipped Cream in a can will do, and fresh cherries are of course better!
Most importantly, have fun! A Banana Split Party is supposed to get messy… it’s part of the fun!