A low calorie, low fat salad, which is beautifully tasty, a whole mix of textures and tastes bursting out of every mouthful you take. Very quick and simple to make, and serve with crusty, warm French bread, Ciabatta or rolls.
This makes a great starter to a simple, traditional Italian Meal – serve as a starter to Meatballs or other pasta dishes
To serve 4
5 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Clear Honey
2 tbsp chopped Parsley
600g Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed off
370g Tuna Chunks
1 Red Onion
250g Baby Plum Tomatoes
1. Whisk the Oil, Vinegar, Mustard and Honey together.
2. Stir in the Cannellini beans and Parsley, and mix well. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Drain the Tuna (two cans should be enough), and break the chunks into large flakes.
4. Add the Tuna flakes, Red Onion (sliced into thin pieces) and halved Baby Plum Tomatoes.
5. Divide into four bowls, and serve with the crusty bread.
For different tastes, try changing the type of beans used, or try adding diced Peppers, finely sliced Cucumber or Celery.
Photo courtesy of: avlxyz