For another quick fix, how about something a bit fancier?
A fresh, juicy Chicken Breast. Crisp, succulent Bacon. Soft, Fresh Lettuce. Warm Ciabatta, with lashings of rich Honey Mustard Sauce. For cooking the Chicken Breast, try a variety of ways. Grilled, Fried or Roasted, they all vary the taste – or even during the Summer try cooking it on a coal BBQ.
For this you’ll need:
– 1 Cooked and Cooled Chicken Breast per Person
– 2 Rashers of Bacon per Person (the meatier the better!)
– A Handful of Kos Lettuce per Person
– Honey Mustard Sauce
– 1 Ciabatta Per person (I prefer Wholewheat for this recipe)
– Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Warm the Cibatta, and cook the bacon off – try to get it quite crispy to vary the textures in the dish
2. Slice the Chicken breast so that it will evenly cover the Ciabatta
3. Spread the Honey Mustard, lay the lettuce leaves and Chicken out evenly
4. Remove the Bacon from the pan, and immediately lay out on the Chicken, Lettuce and Honey Mustard
5. Salt and Pepper to taste, and serve, accompanied with a fresh salad, or some chunky chips.
Photo Credit: Grilled Chicken Ciabatta by Rick’s