Almost three quarters of Americans believe that the Cheeseburger is the most Classic American Burger, and over eighty five percent prefer Beef over Turkey, Pork or veggie Patties inside.
The mix of the sauce is also down to personal preference. Add small amounts at the start, and slowly increase the quantities until you get the right taste.
The Burgers can be stored in either the fridge or freezer and then make sure you defrost them thoroughly before cooking, and allow them to get to room temperature before cooking to make sure that they taste as good as possible.
To serve 4
600g Minced Beef
Thousand Island Dressing
1. Mix the Beef with Salt, Pepper and the Mixed Herbs, and refrigerate for at least fifteen minutes
2. Cook the Burger in your preferred method (grill, from or bake – my preference is to Grill them) until the temperature reaches 70C.
3. Whilst the Burger is cooking, mix the Thousand Island Dressing, Dijon Mustard and Hot Sauce to taste.
4. Lay the slice of cheese on top of the Burger for thirty seconds, before removing from the cooking tray
5. Grill the bun for fifteen to twenty seconds on each side, just enough to make it crisp.
6. Spread the Sauce mixture over the bun, and slice the Tomato and Onion before adding that to the bun, as well as a couple of slices of fresh, crisp Lettuce.
7. Add the Burger and Cheese to the Bun, and serve either with Chips, or a salad.
Photo Courtesy of: pointnshoot