Serve it outdoors, with a rich Red wine, bread and Garlic Mayonnaise.
1kg Chicken Thighs
4tsp smoked Paprika
3tbsp Olive Oil
225g Chorizo, Diced
1 Large Onion, Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
3 Pinches of Saffron
450g Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
400g Spanish Paella Rice
1.2litres Chicken Stock, Hot
100g Broad Beans
155g Green Beans, halved
20 live Mussels, cleaned
2550g Raw King Prawns
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 C/ Gas Mark 5.
2. Cut any excess fat or skin from the Chicken Thighs, and dust with the Paprika. Lay in a roasting tin, and cook skin side up for thirty minutes – until cooked and the skin is brown.
3. Heat 1tbsp Olive Oil in a large pan or Wok, and cook the Chorizo until golden. Remove this from the pan, and add the rest of the oil.
4. Cook the Onion, Garlic, Tomatoes and Saffron for five minutes, stirring well throughout.
5. Add the Chicken and it’s juices, the Chorizo and stir in the Rice, plus three quarters of the Chicken Stock, and cook until bubbling away.
6. Lower the heat, cover and simmer gently for fifteen minutes, before adding the beans and cooking for a further five minutes.
7. Add the Sea Food to the pan, along with the remaining stock. Cook for between ten and twelve minutes, until the rice is tender, the mussels have opened and the prawns are a rich Pink colour.
Serve with Bread and the Garlic Mayonnaise.
Photo Courtesy of Avlxyz