Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this Saturday in style with this fabulous cream cheeseÂ pie that is sure to please every leprechaun in your household!Â Enjoy!
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup lemonade or limeade concentrate, you choose!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Green food coloring
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Several drops of green food coloring
What’s Next on That Crust:
1. Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine-inch pie pan or springform pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform.
2. Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
3. Bake for ten minutes at 350 F or 150 C, or refrigerate the crust for an hour.
What’s Next on That Filling:
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
2. Add the lemonade or limeade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating until smooth. Color with green food coloring as desired.
3. Poor into the pie shell and place in the freezer while you mix the topping.
What’s Next on That Topping:
1. Place the coconut in a small bowl with several drops of food coloring and stir until the coconut turns green.
2. Garnish with the pie with coconut.
3. Refrigerate the pie.