Full of flavour, chock full of colour and tonnes of taste, this dish is superb – It takes just under 90 minutes, and serves four. What’s more, it’s healthy, and not too expensive to make!
Try serving with some different vegetables – Turnip, Potatoes, Swede, maybe even add some Bacon to add other tastes.
To Serve 4
2tbsp Olive Oil
1tbsp Clear Honey
1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 Large Carrots, halved lengthways
2 Large Parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
1 Large Red Onion, cut into eight wedges
1 Red Pepper, deseeded and cut into large pieces
4 Chicken Breasts, skinned
1. Heat the Oven to 200C, then mix a teaspoon of the Olive Oil with a teaspoon of the Honey and the Mustard, then set aside.
2. Add the Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Parsnips to a large pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, and simmer for three minutes. Drain the pan, and put the Vegetables into a bowl, then toss in the remainder of the Oil.
3. Place the Vegetables into a large roasting tin, and bake for twenty five minutes, turning once or twice to make sure each piece is covered and cooked evenly.
4. Add the Onion and Pepper to the part-cooked Vegetables in the roasting tin, along with the rest of the Honey, and turn to coat.
5. Brush the Chicken with the dressing, then add to the roasting tin, baking for a further twenty five to thirty minutes, or until cooked through and the juices run clear.
Phoot Courtesy of: naotakem