All it takes to make this dish is twenty minutes of your time, plus a few basic ingredients – nothing that would be out of place in a kitchen. As well as being very quick and easy to make, it’s also very healthy, and easy to adjust to whatever vegetables are in season at that time.
You could serve this dish either warm or cold, with some fresh Garlic Bread, as part of a Summer Picnic or with a home-made Mint Sauce. Experiment with using roasted Vegetables – lightly charring the Peppers adds a different texture to the meal, and the warmth of the Tomatoes will make this dish very tempting.
To serve 4
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
125g Young Leaf Spinach
150g Baby Tomatoes
2 tbsp Olive Oil
125g Feta Cheese
Bunch of Basil, roughly chopped (or ripped)
1. Cook the pasta for eight minutes in a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally.
2. Slice the Red and Yellow Peppers, and add these to the pan, along with the Peas, bringing the pan back to the boil and simmer for a further two minutes
3. Drain the mix into a colander, and set aside
4. Cut the Tomatoes in half, and add these and Spinach in the pan for a minute, before removing the pan from the heat.
5. Tip the Spaghetti and drained vegetables back into the pan then add the olive oil and mix lightly. Put the lid on, and let it stand for a minute.
6. Lightly toss the vegetables and Spaghetti, before adding the Feta Cheese and Chopped Basil, and tossing again gently.
Photo courtesy of: Greenfaerietree