Served with New Potatoes, Black Olives, Capers, Lemon and Parsley, this dish is great. It’s so healthy, light and tasty, and is very easy to make – great for a treat after a hard day at work.
To Serve 2
100g Baby New Potatoes
2tbsp Black Olives, halved and pitted
1 ½ Lemons
50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
150g Tuna Loin
Maldon Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2bunches Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1. Cook the New Potatoes in boiling salted water until they are tender and then drain well.
2. Add the Capers, Olives, the Zest and Juice of One Lemon and the Olive Oil to the warm Potatoes, then leave to marinade for as long as possible – if you have the time, leave it covered in the fridge overnight to really bring out the range of flavours
3. Heat a Griddle Pan until it is red hot. Drizzle the Tuna Loin with Oil, the season with Salt. Carefully place the Tuna Loin on the Griddle Pan and cook for two minutes on each side to have it rare. For a more cooked Tuna Steak, leave it on for a minute longer.
4. When cooked squeeze over the juice of the Half of a Lemon that is left, and remove from the Griddle pan.
5. Stir the Parsley into the Potatoes, then season to taste. Slice the Tuna in half, then serve on top of the Boiled New Potatoes, drizzled with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Photo Courtesy of: rjw1