Love your Lasagne? Seduced by Spaghetti? Then you’ll be extremely happy you’ve found this recipe to make Pasta. It’s easy enough to produce in large quantities, then you can easily make the pasta thicker or thinner depending on what you’ll be cooking!
Makes enough Pasta for Lasagne for four, or Spaghetti for two or three – depending on how much you want!
500g ‘00’ Flour
6 Egg Yolks
1tbsp Olive Oil
2tbsp Water, pinch of Saffron Strands
1. Sieve the Flour into a large mixing bowl, and make a well in the centre of it.
2. Crack the Eggs and the Yolks into the well, before working it into the Flour with your fingertips. Add the Salt and Olive Oil and carry on mixing.
3. Slowly add the Water, as you may not need it. It should make a soft dough – if you really want, use a Food Processor.
4. Turn the Dough out onto a surface, then need it as hard as you can until it has formed a smooth dough. There is no need to flour the surface, but if the Dough is too wet you can put a small amount down.
5. Wrap the Dough in cling-film and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before you need to roll it out into the correct shape.
Photo Courtesy of: missy & the universe