A great salad to take with you to work – it won’t go soggy and soft like some plainer salads, plus it’s a great mouth-watering treat – for the eyes and mouth!
Keep the dressing separate to ensure that your salad will stay fresh and crispy
To Serve 1
1 Unpeeled Pear, cored
1 Head Red Endive, end removed
Handful of Pinenuts, toasted
100g Smoked Pancetta, diced
Half Handful of Chervil, chopped
Fennel Tops, chopped
2tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1tsp Whole Grain Mustard
3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut the Pear into eight pieces – try to keep them an even size to make sure they don’t bruise as much
2. Peal the leaves apart on the Endive, then gently mix with the pear.
3. Toast the Pinenuts in a dry frying pan, paying close attention. As soon as you can smell the difference, remove from the pan, and replace with the Pancetta.
4. Leave the Pancetta to bubble and crisp for a few minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat, leave to cool for a few minutes
5. Mix the Pinenuts and Pancetta into the Salad, along with the Chervil and Fennel Ftops, which have been roughly chopped up.
6. For the dressings, mix the Sherry Vinegar, Honey, Whole Grain Mustard and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a bowl, and season – don’t add too much Salt, as there is already a lot in the Pancetta. Pour into a jar.
Photo Courtesy of: La.blasco