Full of flavour, with a small chilli kick to them – these Italian meatballs will become a firm favourite in any family house. If you want, remove some of the white wine.
Serve with some fresh made, toasted Ciabatta, and garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan and basil.
To serve 4
400g Lean Minced Beef
2tsp dried mixed Italian Herbs
1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
4tbsp Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
1 mild red Chilli, finely chopped
125ml White Wine
2tso fresh Oregano, or 1/2tsp Dried
1can of Chopped Tomatoes
180g Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
4 sprigs of Basil, left whole
350g of your favourite Pasta
4tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Mix the herbs, breadcrumbs, meat and onion in a large bowl, and season.
2. Roll into twenty, even sized balls, before heating 2tbsp of Oil In a frying pan. Fry the meatballs in batches for around five minutes each batch, turning until light brown all over. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the Chilli and Garlic and cook for one minute, add the wine and then boil until reduced by half. Stir in the Oregano, Tomatoes and Basil, and then bring to the boil for fifteen minutes.
4. Add the meatballs, and simmer for five minutes.
5. Cook the pasta according to taste, drain, then serve with the meatballs, with a sprinkle of Parmesan and basil for decoration.
Photo Courtesy of Avlxyz