Omelettes don’t have to be boring, with Cheese, Ham or Mushroom. Make this classic dish much more interesting – it’ll be a winner with Meat-Eaters as well as Vegetarians.
Try including different ingredients – Mushrooms, different Cheeses and some crsipy Potatoes.
To Serve 4
200g New Potatoes, cut into small cubes
200g Broccoli, cut into small florets
180g Baby Spinach
2tsp Olive Oil
6 Large Eggs
100g Feta Cheese, cubed
1. Add the Potatoes to a pan of slightly salted Boiling Water. Cook for ten minutes or until tender, before draining. Cook the Broccoli in another pan of boiling water for four to five minutes, or until tender, and then drain.
2. Put the Spinach in a large, dry non-stick frying pan, and cook, stirring until it starts to wilt. Remove and add to the Broccoli and Potatoes.
3. Beat the Eggs until they’re evenly blended and then season. Grease the frying pan with the Oil, and heat. Add the Vegetables and give them a quick stir to make sure that they are evenly mixed through the pan.
4. Add the Eggs, and cook over a low heat until the eggs are starting to set, but still liquid on top. Sprinkle on the Feta Cheese, and cook for a few minutes until the Egg is nearly set.
5. Heat a Grill, then grill the Omelette until set on top, keeping as from the Heat as possible.
6. Remove the pan from the grill, and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges, and serve with a leafy green salad and some crusty bread.
Photo Courtesy of: Mr Michael Phams