A great filling meal, and very easy to prepare and cook. You can easily change the flavours by simply changing the Minced Pork for Minced Beef, or for a Vegetarian Alternative, simply add in some Beansprouts for a bit of texture.
This Omelette isn’t the spiciest in the world, however, to add a bit of extra eat to it, add a small Chilli, finely chopped up at the same time as adding in the rest of the vegetables.
To Serve 2
Salt and Pepper
3tbsp Vegetable Oil
125g Minced Pork
1 Large Garlic Clove
2.5cm Ginger, peeled and grated
1 Carrot, peeled and grated
1 Small Leek, trimmed and shredded
1 Tomato, skinned and finely chopped
1tsp Soft Brown Sugar
1tbsp Nam Pla (Thai Fish Sauce) – Optional
2-3tsp Soy Sauce
1-3tsp Rice or Cider Vinegar
1. Beat the Eggs together in a bowl, with a bit of Salt and Pepper.
2. Heat a tablespoon of the Oil in a large Work or Frying Pan, and cook off the Minced Meat , along with the Garlic and Ginger. Cook through.
3. Add the Carrot and Leek, then stir-fry for a minute, before adding in the Tomato, Sugar, Fish Sauce (if you’re using it), Soy Sauce and the Vinegar, and then season well with Pepper, and keep over the heat for a further two to three minutes. Transfer to a dish, and keep warm.
4. Wipe out the pan with a piece of Kitchen Paper, then put over a medium heat and pour in the remaining Oil, making sure the entire pan is evenly coated, and then pour in the Beaten Eggs.
5. Just before the Omelette is setting in the middle, carefully spoon the filling into the Centre, and fold the four sides over to make an envelope. Place a plate over the top, and turn out and serve.
Photo Courtesy of: Avlxyz