A delight for the eyes and a treat for the other senses, this dish is very easy to make, requiring very little work to prepare.
So easy to make, that you can get the children involved, but make sure you watch out when using the knives, hot liquids and the hot pots and pans.
To serve 4
4 Chicken Legs
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1 Red or Yellow Pepper
400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
300ml Chicken Stock
400g Wild Rice
1. Brown the chicken legs in the oil in a large pan. Remove the legs and set aside, keeping the oil in the pan.
2. Finely chop the Onion, slice and de-seed the Pepper, and slice the Mushroom. Cook over a medium heat for five minutes
3. Add the Chicken back into the pan, as well as the Chopped Tomatoes.
4. To the pan, add the Mixed Herbs and Chicken stock, bring to the boil, before covering and simmering gently for forty minutes.
5. Mix the 1 tbsp Cornflour with 2 tbsp Water until smooth, and add to the pan, until the sauce thickens up and boils.
6. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, and serve.
Photo Courtesy of: FotoosVanRobin