Great as part of a picnic, or to use as a snack for a day at home – these crackers are very easy to make, and very tasty. You can easily add some flavouring to them to make each batch a bit different, and of course, you can shape them however you want!
To Make 12
100g Unsalted Butter, plus extra for greasing
90g Rolled Oats
25g Wholemeal Flour
1/2tsp Coarse Sea Salt
1tsp Dried Thyme
40g Walnuts, finely chopped
1 Egg, beaten
40g Sesame Seeds
1. Heat an oven to 180C, and lightly grease two medium sized baking trays
2. In a large dry bowl, rub the Butter into the Rolled Oats and the Flour using just your fingertips, until it begins to cling together and then start to stir in the Walnuts, Salt and Thyme.
3. Add the Egg and mix to form a soft dough. Spread the sesame Seeds out on a large shallow dish (it can be a plate or tray). Break off small pieces of the Dough (around Walnut Sized would be good), and roll into balls, before covering in the Sesame Seeds.
4. Place the balls into the greased baking trays, then flatten them using a Rolling Pin of the palm of your hand, to get them as thin and as flat as possible.
5. Bake in the oven for around twelve to fifteen minutes, or until firm and light gold.
6. Remove from the oven, then cool on the baking tray for three to four minutes, before placing on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Serve with various Pates and dips to get a good snack.
Photo Courtesy of: papertygre