No time? Want something easy, tasty, quick and extremely healthy? Then try this dish. It takes less than thirty minutes from start to finish.
It’s also very cheap to make – you can use frozen vegetables to save time and work, and can easily add some meat as well as or in place of some of the vegetables, and change the vegetable stock for a meat one!
To serve 4
100g Frozen Chopped Onion
2tsp Plain Flour
1 Vegetable Stock cube, dissolved in 150ml Hot Water
250g Frozen Asparagus
200g Frozen Peas
200g Frozen Broad Beans
1tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
600g White Rice
75g Cashew Nuts
1. Gently fry the Onions in the Butter until three or four minutes. Take off of the heat, and stir in the flour, before slowly adding the Vegetable stock, stirring all of the time.
2. Add the frozen Vegetables and the Mixed Herbs, and simmer with a lid on for five or six minutes.
3. Start to cook the rice, whilst at the same time, fry the Cashews off in a non-stick frying pan, constantly moving and tossing them, so that they are golden all over.
4. Stir the Vegetables and Cashews together making sure that the sauce is covering everything.
5. Serve on top of the rice.
If you’re going to use meat in this dish, take out some of each vegetable, and make sure that the meat is hot through before serving. Replace the Vegetable stock cube with a Meat Stock cube (if possible, the same flavor as the meat!)
Photo Courtesy of Avlxyz